Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Tiring Few Days

Well, here I am in London! It's been really great thus far, a lot better than I was really thinking it was going to be. We had a 3 hour flight to Vancoover, Canada with a 3.5 hour layover, then almost a 10 hour flight from there to Heathrow Int'l. Needless to say, I was ready for food, shower, and bed! Its hard to believe that Heathrow was only half way last year. I don't think I could have made that again! Anyway, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. I really love the city...its so huge and complex with so many people, but has a great feeling to it.















Me on the plane from Vancoover to Heathrow. Still not excited though!
















The first park we walked. Kensington Park...the biggest park I've been in (that probably tells you of my exposures to parks) Its right by our hotel so it makes for easy access



















Prince Albert in all his glory. Word cannot describe how huge this thing was. You really have to see it to gauge the magnitude. There was so much detail in every carving...with so much gold, the pillars being marble, and the stone so lifelike, it was a nice first monument.
















The city of London. Its so easy to get lost because most of the buildings looks like this - perhaps natives can distinguish between them all but they all look the same to us :)
















In front of the Tower Bridge...

2 comments:

Kimberly Mallard said...

Man that weather looks amazing!!!!

Becca said...

It's been super hot here. I'm jealous. Maybe we can pray for rain in SE Asia? lol jk of course. Glad you're having fun!!!